Monday, February 20, 2012

Still Fighting It...

Hi there.

I'm still here.  Promise. In fact, I have thoughts about blog posts I want to do this Thursday.  I made yummy stuffed zucchini for our Valentine's day celebration, and I want you all to enjoy its yumminess.

That said, the start to the semester has been busier than I anticipated, so that means that I've kind of slacked off in the blog realm of things.  I'm coming back.  Also to come, a gatsby-style crocheted hat.  I'm pretty proud of it.

The biggest reason I've been away is because my grandfather passed away in January.  We called him Granddaddy, and he was like a grand daddy to me.  I'll always remember his style, his laugh, and his joking around.  His sense of humor will stick with me forever and I hope one day to tell my kids (that will come one day) about the reason that I recommend putting mayonnaise in your hair.  Or why I love the harmonica so much.  Or even why we play so much Up and Down the River.  It's because of him.

So, I leave you with promises of blogs about creativity soon.  And a pictures of my Granddaddy.

My grandparents immigrated from Holland in the early 1950s

 They came to visit often!

 On their 40th wedding anniversary (they were married 60 years!!)

He always looked like he was up to no good....!

No comments:

Post a Comment