Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Christmas Crafting

 So, today I though I'd share with you a craft I made for a Christmas gift at the end of last year.  We were gifting on a budget, so Pinterest became my inspiration.

You can see the two collages that I made to the right for my mother-in-law.  The craft is pretty self-explanatory, but I thought I'd include a few tips I learned in the process.

First, if you're going to mod podge pictures you've printed on your printer, then make sure you spray them with a clear sealant first.  That way the ink won't smear when you start putting mod podge all over it.  I also recommend Mod Podge for paper - there are multiple types, so pick this one if this is the main project you're working on.

Also, I learned that mod podge takes a LOOOONG time to really dry (cure?) before it's not sticky or tacky. Make sure you let them dry for a while before you stack, wrap, or cover them with something else.

One more thing - the more coats, the better!  I did 2 coats a day for probably a week, which was an easy way to build up layers and know that it would be better quality.

That's all I've got!  Coming up, I've got superhero coasters, a crocheted hat, and cooking something up for tasty Thursday :)

(p.s. - if you want detailed instructions on making this craft, just let me know and I'll post some!)

1 comment: