Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tasty Thursday: Pull-Apart Dinner Rolls

I've decided to dedicate Thursdays to tasty things.  Because I like tasty things much more than un-tasty things.

Anyway, today's recipe is some fabulous pull-apart dinner rolls.  They came to me through Pinterest and Amanda's Cookin.  She deserves the credit, because they're fabulous.


Here's what you need:
1 package quick-acting active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
1 1/3 cup milk, warmed (roughly 105-115 F)
3 to 3 1/2 c flour (white or wheat work fine)
3 tbsp oil (Amanda calls for olive oil, but I've been using Canola just fine)
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp (or more) melted butter
coarse salt

Dissolve the yeast in warm milk and sugar.  Stir in 1 c. flour, the oil, and salt.  Beat until smooth, then stir in enough remaining flour until soft dough forms.  Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, usually about 45 minutes.

Heat oven to 400F.  Punch dough down in center and fold over a few times to remove the air from the dough.  Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.  Divide the dough into 12 equal parts.  For each part, divide into thirds and roll each section into a ball.  Place 3 balls per muffin cup.  Brush rolls with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt.

Bake 15 minutes or  until rolls are golden brown.  If you choose not to use butter rolls may not turn brown on top, but they'll still taste just as good.  Cool the rolls on a wire rack and store loosely covered.

I never get sick of making these rolls, and they don't last long in our house.  I've asked my dearest husband to rate the food I make so I can give you an idea. It's a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being "Please, don't even try this again" and 10 being somewhere around "I want seconds!"  (My husband eats like a bird.  If he wants seconds, it means the food is good.  I mean good.)



Rolls Ratings:  "Can I give it an 11?"

No comments:

Post a Comment